By now you are probably aware that the term, eat clean, has nothing to do with washing your food and has everything to do with eating in a way that promotes fat loss.
While it may sound simple enough, it’s pretty challenging to stick with a clean eating plan. I suppose if it were easy then everyone would be lean and confident about their body.
So what is the secret to long-term, clean eating success?
In this episode of the “Fit Over 40 Challenge” show I outline and give you 4 secrets to doing just that.
You can listen below or download to your phone from iTunes.
If you want to get a jump start to eating clean you can join the “7 Day Jump Start For Fat Loss” here
Who would have thought that an epic idea was created from sitting in a cubicle and getting what she calls, “cubicle butt!” Well that is exactly where Michelle Weinstein came up with the idea to start Fitzeefoods.com.
In this episode of the “Fit Over 40 Challenge” I had the privilege to speak with Michelle about her healthy delivered food company as well as her passion about health and fitness. Michelle, not only talks the talk but walks the walk. She holds herself accountable for her wellbeing and health.
As with most people who are successful Michelle has a strong “why” for her making a health and fitness a priority.
Not only does Michelle have a strong passion for her own health and fitness but she also wants to educate and give back. She is also the founder of “The Live Well Project” where she helps educate, inspire, and invest in young girls.
If you would like to follow or learn more about Michelle you can find her on Facebook, Instagram, LI, or other social media channels.
Oh, and Michelle has been kind enough to offer a 20% off discount for our tribe. If you want to try Fitzee Foods you can go to www.fitzeefoods.com and at check out put the code dave20 in and get 20% off your first order. Hurry though this offer is valid until the end of November.
As always I hope you get tremendous value from this.
In this episode of the “Fit Over 40 Challenge Show” I am excited to present to you my very first challenge for you. Today I introduce to you the “6 Days to a Stronger Core Challenge.”
I know that with technology and the cultural we live in we have become more prone to sit for long periods of time. Over the years I have had many clients complain to me about back pain and stiffness. One reason is their core is weak. Also, I have had many people come to me asking me how they can get lean and get that “6 pack” ab look. When I tell them it requires doing more than just a ton of ab exercise they are perplexed.
Having a strong core is a two part strategy and in this challenge you will learn what to do to get you started on a stronger and leaner mid section.
For the next six days I will present each day’s challenge to you through this podcast but if you would like to get the challenge in written form you can get the link ( in the comments section below) to have it emailed daily to you!
I am looking forward to hearing about the results you get from starting this challenge.
If you would like to get the digital version of the challenge you can fill in the info below and you will get it sent to you over the next 6 days!
Committed to your success,
Have you reached your fitness goals for 2016? If not, and you are still looking to reach those goals that you set back in January? If so, then this show episode is for you. In it I talk about how this is the best time of year to:
– Take Inventory
– Set or Re-Set Goals
After you listen to this short podcast you will have reflected back on the first half of the year and also developed a plan of attack to reach those goals you set for yourself back in January by the end of 2016!
I take each one and break them down individually and give you my new way of setting goals that is different than the most traditional way we usually set goals!
If I can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to reach out and email me or call me!
P.S. if you need a quick 7 day jump start to get that fat loss going then enter your information below and get take the challenge!
Do you feel like now that you are over 40 you can no longer be fit? Do you believe that you are fasting than ever and nothing you do is going to stop that? Well, I know someone who completely disagrees with you and he so to speaks puts his money where is mouth is. That person is Tony Horton the creator of P90X and his newest workout 22 Minutes Hard Corp. He is 58 years old and is in amazing shape.
I had heard of Tony several years ago when P90X first came out but I had no idea who or what he really stood for. As I have followed him and learned more about his approach to fitness and health I have gained great respect. In this article and video he did for CNBC you will learn his mantras and tips for staying motivated and being fit. You too can do this and I hope this video and article gets you motivated and realize as Tony say’s “Aging is for Idiots!”
If I could be of any assistance or you need help getting started on a fitness program please don’t hesitate to email me or call me.
P.S. If you want a real quick and easy way to get started on your fitness journey then enter your information below and get started on my ” 7 Day Fat Loss Jump Start Program.”
In this episode of the Fit Over 40 Challenge I acknowledge the frustrations that people have when it comes to their body and I talk about my weight loss journey struggle as a boy and adult however, I give 21 reasons and rewards that exercise can give you. My whole goal with this episode is to light a fire under you and get you to take action on becoming fit and healthy.
Below you will find the list of 21 reasons and rewards that you can print out and look at them to keep you motivated.
1. You’ll reset your body: Exercise has been described as a giant reset button. A good workout will block appetite swings, improve your mood and even help you sleep.
2. Your clothes will fit better: Consistent exercise will tone and tighten your body, causing your clothes to not only fit better but to also look nicer. Also exercise ensures that soon you’ll be trading your clothes in for smaller sizes.
3. You’ll be less stressed: You have enough stress in your life—it’s time for a break. A good workout invigorates your muscles, leaving you relaxed and less stressed.
4. You’ll have more energy: WebMD tallied research studies and concluded that 90% prove exercise increases energy levels in sedentary patients. Next time you feel fatigued, fight it with the most powerful tool available: exercise.
5. You’ll be stronger: Exercise improves muscle strength and endurance, two things that you use throughout each day. When you exercise consistently you’ll be pleasantly surprised when difficult tasks begin to seem easy.
6. You’ll be less likely to binge: Exercise has a powerful anti-binge effect on the body. This is due in part by an increase in sensitivity to leptin, a protein hormone, which has an appetite-taming effect.
7. You’ll burn calories: You know that excess body fat is made up of stored and unused calories. Fight back by burning loads of calories with fat-blasting workouts.
8. You’ll be more confident: Who doesn’t wish they walked and talked with more confidence? A consistent exercise program will do just that. As your body becomes more fit, watch as your confidence sky-rockets.
9. You’ll have fun: Believe it or not, exercise can be extremely enjoyable. Remember how fun it was to run around as a child? Tap into your inner child as you find a mode of exercise that gets you excited.
10. You’ll reduce your blood pressure: Exercise has been proven more effective than medication in reducing blood pressure to normal levels. A single workout has been shown to reduce blood pressure for the day and regular exercise reduces overall blood pressure in the long run.
11. You’ll lose the jiggles: Regular exercise tightens flabby arms, legs and waistlines. So wave goodbye to the jiggles with a solid exercise program.
12. You’ll increase insulin sensitivity: Researchers at Laval University in Quebec discovered that exercise improved insulin sensitivity dramatically. Peak after-meal insulin levels dropped by more than 20 percent after as little as 3 weeks of consistent exercise.
13. You’ll sleep better: Do you toss and turn for hours before falling asleep? Exercise is a powerful sleep aid. Your tired muscles encourage your body to quickly fall asleep so they can get their overnight repair work done.
14. You’ll lower your risk of heart disease: Regular exercise strengthens your heart and makes it more resilient against disease. A sedentary lifestyle is a major risk factor for heart disease, so rest assured that consistent exercise is your ally against disease.
15. You’ll feel great: Vigorous exercise releases natural endorphins (happy hormones) into your blood stream that dissolve pain and anxiety. You’ve probably heard of ‘runner’s high’, this can be achieved by any great workout.
16. You’ll lower your risk of diabetes: Studies show that exercising as little as half an hour each day can dramatically reduce your risk of diabetes. If you are at risk of diabetes, or already have diabetes, regular exercise is the most effective treatment for reversing the disease.
17. You’ll meet cool people: You could benefit from a group of new, energetic friends, right? Gyms, bootcamps, workout centers and even the jogging trail are all great places to connect with fun new friends.
18. You’ll improve your BMI: You know that maintaining a healthy BMI is key in disease prevention. Exercise is the best way to keep your BMI under control.
19. You’ll increase your endurance: Do you ever get out of breath when walking up stairs or through the mall? Regular exercise builds your endurance for everyday activities.
20. Your doctor will be impressed: How many times has your doctor given you the lecture about losing weight and exercising more? Exercise regularly and get your MD off your back!
21. You’ll look amazing: Are you happy with the shape and size of your body? Regular exercise works wonders on your physique. Within a few weeks you’ll see shape and tone in all the right places.
P.S. If you are looking to take a challenge to get you jump started on your fat loss then you can get the “7 Day Fat Loss Jump Start program that I use with my new clients below. Let me know how I can help!
I know most of us are looking for that fountain of youth to keep us looking younger but in truth you can find it in foods that contain the essential vitamins your body need. Here is a info-graph that will show you what to eat to help your skin look younger.
Thank me later!!
Which is harder the Fit Life or the Flab Life?
I am sure you are saying to yourself what in the heck is he talking about. Well in the episode of the Fit Over 40 Challenge Show I present to you a conversation that my wife and I had awhile back that got me thinking. You see being fit and staying fit is not easy nor is living the flab life. What you will find out in this episode is a case for both being hard but in the end I believe you will agree with my assessment. If not please email me or leave a comment below!
Also, don’t forget if you are looking to join a high energy and motivated tribe of people who are focused on health and fitness then come join us in the Free FB Group by clicking the button below.Join the Tribe
In this episode of Fit Over 40 Challenge I had the privilege of interviewing Heather Ann Havenwood! Her story of doing a fitness competition on the day she turned 40is truly inspiring! In the episode we talk about how she used fear as a motivating factor for getting on stage and competing at the age of 40. Plus, she shares really good simple strategies to get fit and lose weight at the age of 40 or above if you are a busy working mom.
Below you can click on the play button and hear the interview I did with Heather!
Also, if you are interested in learning more about her or the products she recommended here is a link to it.
All About Health and Fitness
If you would like to join the Free FB Tribe that focuses on Health and Fitness click the button below and you can join for FREE!
In this episode of Fit Over 40 Challenge I had the privilege ofinterviewing Heather Ann Havenwood and learning about her story ofdoing a fitness competition on the day she turned 40. Learn how sheused fear as a motivating factor plus other really good simplestrategies to get fit and lose weight at the age of 40 orabove.